for ages 8-14
LEAP is a multifaceted education program where a small group of children (ages 8-14) on the autism spectrum are taught alongside a small number of children, not on the spectrum. The organization aims to prepare your child for inclusion and give them the skills to benefit from mainstream education. Each child in the LEAP program has a curriculum that is personally tailored to their needs, concentrating on standard academic subjects as well as any other personalized objectives. LEAP offers a one on one therapist-to-client ratio as well as quarterly, detailed reports to each client and detailed daily communication logs.
Being a part of the LEAP program is not just for your child, we provide services for the whole family. Our organization emphasizes parent and sibling training and offers an Including Kids Parent Group
Benefits of Leap
Being part of the LEAP program will not only benefit your family and prepare your child for inclusion, but it also affords your child unique group opportunities such as:
- Summer Inclusion Programming (Enrollment in Discovery College at Lonestar
- Enrollment in local sports camps
- Enrollment in local Vacation Bible Schools to improve social interaction with typically developing peers
- Technology-intensive programming (iPad usage in
- ALLY (Advancement of Learning and Leadership in Young Adults) Program: a peer “buddy” system increase social awareness through observational learning by interacting with typically developing peers in a typical classroom setting.
LEAP provides van transportation to and from all of these
Including Kids, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color or ethnic or national origin in the administration of its policies, admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, or any other programs which it administers.